Ads

Thursday, December 31, 2015

Welcoming the New Year - 2016

Whew, what a year indeed!

I've finally graduated from the dreaded postgrad studies that I've landed myself in... thank goodness. I still feel like the mental torture that I've put myself through isn't really worth it though :P

This year, I've gotten myself a job that I actually like, though not something that has anything to do with what I've studied over the past 7 years (degree+masters)... but it has something to do with somethings (namely writing and gaming) that I've liked since I was young lol :P

I've even gotten myself a pretty sweet promotion at this job of mine, and some really nice gifts to go along with it. Honestly, I can honestly said that I've never been more content with my life... even though I'm still very unsure what my future will lead to.

Heck, I'm not even sure what I'll be doing a year from now, but what I now know is that I am perhaps strong enough to handle it :) Who knows? I might just go on ahead and finally set up that food business idea that I had stewing inside my head for so long :P

Anyway, not many of my resolutions are being completed... unfortunately (and as expected), but well, I'll still set goals for me for the new year... because at least you have goals :)

1. Learn how to play the guitar... but I'll have to buy a guitar first!
2. Actually finish learning the languages that I've kinda abandoned in 2015 (French, Spanish, Morse Code etc)
3. Learn more about what my job is all about - lots of online courses
4. Actually attempt to design a small game using Scratch :)
5. Create a new course for people learning Penang Hokkien on Memrise
6. Relearn how to swim - my swimming is supppeeerrr awkward at the moment
7. Go overseas for the very first time - for a vacation, of course!
8. Play at least some of my game "backlogs"
9. Spend more time with my Grandma (in particular), family, and friends
10. Find new ways for me to improve my digital drawing skills and new mediums for me to have fun creating fun stuff

And MOST IMPORTANTLY - Write more stuff on my blog! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment