Ads

Sunday, March 17, 2019

Pokemon Go: How to Get Gorebyss and Huntail?

Well, first of all, you'll definitely want to get a Clamperl and have 50 Clamperl candy - that's the no-brainer part. However, I'm pretty sure I've figured out how you can "force" Clamperl's evolution to go the way you want.

Note that although I'm pretty confident of my findings, I've only have so many chances to test it, so here goes!


As you may know, Clamperl evolution is supposedly "random" but I suspect it's not as random as it appears. Unlike eevolutions that have a name trick to help you get the evolved eevee you want, there isn't a name trick for Clamperl either.

So here's the big reveal - I'm pretty sure that your Clamperl will evolve into Huntail or Gorebyss depending on the GENDER of your PLAYER and NOT the gender of the Clamperl.

Pokemon Go trainers using the female avatar will mostly get Gorebyss - as evident in my case since I'm playing a female character, while male avatars will mostly get Huntail - as evident in my boyfriend's case.


Note that there's still a chance for the respective gender to get the other gender's evolution but the chance of that happening is very, very low.... hence, the word "mostly". This also probably explain why scores of players keep getting the same evolution over and over again - you can't change your avatar's gender!

So, in order to get the other gender's evolution, you will need to either...
1. Have a ton of Clamperl and the corresponding candy to evolve them all (low chance)
2. OR just trade for one from a player playing the opposing gender or from anyone with the evolution you want (very high chance)

Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment