Ads

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Frustrations

This just made me extremely mad... now that I've decided to further study, my dad said I'm stupid to not have chosen the topic whereby the proposal was already written, funding already acquired and that the methology was already planned.... WTF, what about choosing a topic which interests me HUH? Typical mentality - once I've decided to study they just want me to get my doctorate ASAP regardless of anything else. Just... typical sigh~ I think they just want me to get a job ASAP (after phd) - yeah right, they say they support me... but all their actions said otherwise. These are the times where I've thought of staying AWAY from home - they can be so frustrating and naggy.

Yes, I might be 'stupid' enough to start from the bottom but I'll learn more that way, but ofc, it's perhaps easy for me to say this coz they have to fund my studies until I obtained a scholarship or if I don't (worse case), they will have to fund me for another 4 years.

and not to mention, my supervisor seemed to think I'm still undecided and uncommitted to my studies - extremely bad first impression. This sucks. I guess this will be a long and very hard journey for me and I'm gonna have to do it without any real support.


Edit on 18/9/12: It seems that the easy title isn't really easy at all - with the main supervisor and the co-supervisor at odds with each other - seriously though, I don't like the co-supervisor at all, he said, "Students are just tools to be used. You give them an experiment and they should follow it down to the very letter."... - and my poor, new friend is caught right in the middle. Sigh... I'll bet it's challenges like this that builds character - she's holding it up pretty well (I"ll probably explode and yell at both of them and get yelled back by both lol). My project's kinda stuck at the moment... with so many things to do and plan and learn, I hardly have enough personal time for myself, but I love what I do so that kinda balance it out :P Wish me luck! Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment