Ads

Thursday, November 5, 2015

The best ways to turn new players AWAY from your games

I've have had installed and uninstalled a sht load of games since I've picked up my work as a game reviewer, but seriously, there are a couple of games that just get on my nerves.

One such recent game (name not disclosed) has so much problems that range from downloading the friggin files to launching it and that's not including the crazy load of glitches in-game. 

After all, nobody likes being forced through multiple hoops like some circus animal just to play a subpar game. There are plenty more great games out there that don't do this to their new players...

Anyway, here's a list of some of the best ways to turn new players AWAY from your games. 

The downloader from their Official Site is not working and there are absolutely no notice whatsoever telling new players about that. 

This problem forced me to redownload the stupid game multiple times only to get stuck at file number 3 out of 9. WTF. After googling and stumbling into their forums, I realised that this problem had been there since 5 months ago and nobody bothered to fix it. Yup... surefire sign of a development team who don't give 2 shts to their game.

Requires you to download their game via gigs-worth of zip files MANUALLY.

Games that ask you to do this are just not worth it, seriously. I'm sure other similar game alternatives are much better.

Frustrating download is not the end... you get stumped with installation or launching problems

Funny thing is it's not at all your computer's fault.... their super-outdated game is friggin NOT COMPATIBLE to all Windows versions above Windows XP! Even with compatibility option turned on, it is still not launching. 


P/S: A quick update: I ended up turning down the work order due to all these problems. Lost earnings for me and lost free promoting for the game itself... so yeah, it's a lose-lose situation

P/P/S: This post was sitting in my drafts folder for over a month now...lol I really need to go through my drafts and start putting things up :P

No comments:

Post a Comment