Ads

Sunday, April 24, 2016

Common European Framework (CEF) of Reference for Languages - English Test

So on whim, I've decided to take an online English Test... and well, I've managed to obtain the "highest" (seems like a lot of people can get this rather easily... odd, ain't it?) rather quickly.

Funny thing is that the website compares my score with IELTS' Band 9 (highest score). I nearly choked on my drink. I've known people - lots in fact - who I believe has a higher English level than me, but apparently they could only get a Band 7 for IELTS. So, I reckon the comparison is pretty much bogus. 

Anyway, despite all of these problems, the test is pretty challenging, especially when you tried to complete the test as quickly as you can. Do give it a try and see how you rank :)

Link to test: http://adf.ly/1azcrz
(Wait for a few seconds after clicking the link and then click Skip Ad)

My CEF Score:

C2

Mastery
The capacity to deal with material which is academic or cognitively demanding, and to use language to good effect at a level of performance which may in certain respects be more advanced than that of an average native speaker.

Example: Can scan texts for relevant information, and grasp main topic of text, reading almost as quickly as a native speaker.
Source: http://adf.ly/1azcyV
(Wait for a few seconds after clicking the link and then click Skip Ad)

Time Taken: 2 min 38 secs

Like I've said, the time's important because it seems everyone with good enough English can get C2 rather easily, and also, some people might just google for the answers (but their Time Taken will suffer as a result).

No comments:

Post a Comment