Ads

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Bad news come in a chain...

Finally, I've experienced today what is called the most disappointing thing in my whole life. I always keep hearing that there are people who did study hard but yet can't good enough results and I thought, 'Wow, are they unlucky! They must have been studying the wrong thing (the not-so-important things)'. Unfortunately though, I have the chance to experience this.

I've did all my best for my mid-sem cell biology exam and was quite confident of scoring until I saw the question paper. My mouth dropped open and I went speechless. 'This is crazy! He (the lecturer) didn't even told us to memorise this and thus, I assume that it will be given!' Yeah, right... assuming really made an ass, maybe not out of you,but certainly out of me alright. The genetic code was NOT given and -wham!- 10 marks are lost because of my simple assumption.

The worst of all is that I had wanted to confirm with the lecturer whether the gene code will be given during the exams a day before the exam, but, haha, he must have been trying very hard to avoid us (the students), he took a leave for a WHOLE week during exam period. Damn, is it all my fault or partly his as well? I hate this. The strange thing is that I asked my friend about this and she said surely the code will be given. Heh. And yet today, most of my friends don't even look the slightest bit surprised when the gene code question, without the gene code to refer to, came out. Am I really the tortoise under the 'tempurung'? Perhaps it's my lack of social skills that caused this - I just dunno what's going on around me. As long as my family and I are safe in a cocoon, I guess I'm rather at peace with the world. Is that too selfish of me?

Another bad news, my dad succumbed to a bout of fever that resulted in vomitting. Uh huh, definitely NOT a good sign... From what I've heard from my mum, my dad's platelets' count is dropping (Another bad sign here..). He had about 120 but a normal person should have between 150 to 400. According to the doctor, if his count keeps dropping until it reaches 100, then he is diagnosed with severe form of Denggi. And I was like wtf? This doctor actually wanted my dad to get severe form of Denggi and 'baru' he will recommend treatment? This is just tosh! He doesn't deserve to be called a doctor. Worst of all, that so-called doctor doesn't even gave my dad MC! I mean, how the hell can you ask a person who is vomitting everytime he eats anything to go to work? That person is just.... @#$%!

Poor dad... I wanted to go back to see him but my mum said no. Denggi can be cured as long as your immune system is strong enough but, damn, I mean, I don't want to be a pessimist here - two of my friends, who are like in their prime teens, got cured of Denggi - but my dad's almost 53 years old. I'm very worried about him especially that he likes to stay up late at night previously. If the platelets' count keep dropping, he might get internal haemorrage. Darn. I can just hope that he'll get better soon.

In short, life's hell for me now. I don't know how I am going to face this but I'm fairly certain I can make it through... I've reached here so far right? Now, I still have a sht load of work waiting for me, a couple of mid-sems and my dad's condition hanging on my mind and some other personal problems of mine that I need to solve asap... I'm feeling dreadfully down.

Well, I guess I'll just go back to finishing my report and get some sleep to clear my cluttered brain. Dad, get well soon ok? :S

P/S: Ohh.. yeah, bad things come in a chain alright, I had just got another bad news from my friend. It seems that the lecturer's words are not worth anything. We told her that our group cannot present today because of a sick member in our group. She said, it's fine. But today, she went up in flames and threatening us that she will not let us present anymore. This means 50% of our assignment marks are gone... just like that. We're going to explain to her tomorrow and hopefully she'll forgive us (heh, I rather think it's her fault that she forgot her promise). Sigh... I am really hating this life... I won't like to be the next one crossing my path though - I might just bite his/her head off. Moods...

P/S 2: I went to one of the online counseling sites to check up on depression and yep... I fulfilled all the 8 -or is it 9?- symptoms. Walao. But ya, I DO feel depressed. I have a mental illness now? :o I am feeling a little better now since I shared my feelings with my mum - she's the best! Ok, now get back to my report and get it done with. I'm taking charge of my life now, no more bullying or influencing by friends. AND I am NOT going to ASSUME anything any time soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment