Ads

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Processing urine samples

So, yeah, I was looking up some stuff about urine samples and I came across this. Awesome guide. So I thought I would share it out here :P

http://uoitclinicalbiochemistry.weebly.com/urinalysis-crystals.html

To check crystals/precipitates in urine samples. I've noticed a layer of brownish + pinkish precipitate in my urine samples after refrigeration, so well, I googled it. Surprisingly, it took me some time to finally get some answers lol. 

Another very useful guide:


But this is more to the type of tests that you can carry out using urine samples. 

And also, if you wanted to keep your urine samples for more than 2 hours, then it's okay to just refrigerate it without adding any preservatives. However, if you want, you can add some chemical preservatives like toulene or concentrated HCl (you can refer to the slideshare link above for more info). 

Hope these helps!

I'm out! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment