Ads

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Borderlands: The Prequel review and tips

I'm awfully sorry for the lengthy silence - I was way over my head with work and was drowning lol. However, I've decided to give myself a break (at least a day's worth) next week and I intend to use it to try out my brand new Borderlands game :)

Do expect plenty of screenshots and a coherent review (heh) coming up soon. How soon is soon? Well, I can't say for sure, but it should be out any day within next week. So stay tuned!

Peace out!


Updated: Since I'm too busy ...ahem... playing to actually write a review, but I can say that the game stayed true to its crazy roots and the characters are as crazy and as nonsensical (in some sort of way) as Borderlands 2. Anyway, as a teaser, here're some of my many screenshots in the game.

Enjoy drooling *Troll face* :D (I'm so bad... lol)







Update: Okay, so I encountered a couple of 'tough' quests but somehow I managed to complete it (yay!). I thought I could share it here for people who are still trying to get the quest done.

1. System Jammed
- Don't waste your time standing in the decontamination chamber. Walk out.

2. Nova? No Problem!
- This is tricky but you cannot complete the quest if you stood right in the middle of the room. You'll need to stand closer to the wall nearest to the safe. And btw, the fifth CCTV is the safe itself (crazy huh?), so you'll need your shock wave to hit the safe too.

P/S: I used my Tediore gun to blow my shield off by wasting a bullet, then reloading it (Tediore guns are thrown when reloaded and they explode after being thrown - I throw it towards the blue laser cage thingy).

You can try with a grenade, but be careful though... grenade explosion will cause you to move from your position and your shock may not hit all the cameras in the room (unfortunately).

P/P/S: For people who cannot find this area, you should go downwards instead of upwards :)

Stand here. Stick to the wall on the right while facing the safe (with its blue electric lasers). *I've already completed the quest in this SS... obviously :)

The Tediore gun that I used - explode like a grenade when reloaded... hella useful here! Just fire off a shot and press reload. Saves your money on grenades too!

3. Getting the ECHO files for Captain Zarpedon
- I spend a good 1 hour trying to jump my way up lol, but I jumped the wrong way.
- the third ECHO is easy to get, the first and second may need a bit of tweaking.
- Anyway, once you reached the place where there's a jump pad and there's a huge gap in the middle of the ship and the second ECHO is right above your head, go to the jump pad and use 'v' on the little electrical box (on the floor) right next to the jump pad.
- Then, once the electrical box started to shoot out electric sparks, quickly go to the jump pad and use it to jump, you should be able to reach the (second-topmost) platform on the other side. Go near to the lift (on your right) and there should be a locked cage with your first ECHO inside. Shoot the lock and get the ECHO.
- To get the second ECHO, you'll need to do some serious jumping. You should be at the bottom of the lift now (since once you get the first ECHO, the cage will crash downwards).
- Repeat the previous step with the jump pad. Use 'v' on the electrical box and then use the jump pad, but this time, use your Oxygen boost to boost yourself up to the topmost (and very narrow) platform (there should be a mini-safe a.k.a. loot box up there).
- Okay now, the tricky part. Get ready to jump to the other side where your second ECHO is located. Run then at the very edge of your platform press 'spacebar' to jump, then at the right moment, use your oxygen boost to boost yourself to the platform on the other side. This may take a bit of trial and error though. :)
- Anyway, it is doable - so just keep trying. Once you get to the other side, grab that second ECHO and drop down to the platform with the O2 generator and you're done. :)

See this electric box... well... destroy it!

When its spitting out blue sparks, then you've done it right! Be ready for the hyper jump!

When you jump, aim for that ledge over there (look at my gun's target).
Hope this helps!


P/S: I've completed the game and have had no other problems. So, I think you should be fine for the most part :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment