Ads

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Stonehearth (Alpha) review

There's even day-and-night cycle in the game! :) Look at mah double-storey house!
An excellent voxel-based game that has a survival, resource-gathering theme. After watching the sample gameplay video put up by the developers, I knew I simply must try this game out. And guess what, I enjoyed it very much! :)

However, there are plenty of glitches still in the game - like workers becoming idle and not returning to work even after days (they don't even go to eat). It is as though they were caught in some invisible quicksand and was unable to budge. 

There's another bug with beds (P/S: I didn't put them very closely together - I left some space in between beds so they could walk to their beds). There will be beds available but some of the workers go ahead and decide to sleep on the floor - they even have the nerve to complain about it after they woke up lol. Stand-alone walls are not working - cannot build those yet as well as some jobs that are not yet available. 

Since the game is still in alpha, I guess I can excuse a lot of the glitches. But from what I've seen in the game, I have high hopes that the final, released version of this game will be extremely good. :) I have faith in that. It's just that there are some tweaks needed for the current game mechanics and there are more content that are on their way into the game. The devs have a lot to do! :)

Cute little buggers, they are!

My workers stockpiling stuff on the stockpile.

No comments:

Post a Comment