Ads

Monday, March 2, 2015

How many colours can you see?

Given that THE dress went viral (and I got caught up with it coz it's science lol! It's amazing :) ), I thought you guys may appreciate this test. 

Note that your computer may affect how many colours can be seen in this test. My laptop works rather fine - there's 2-3 colours that I can hardly see the difference... except when I look at both strips in the middle, I can see a clear line (due to contrasting colours) separating them.

Look at the picture below carefully and see how many different strips of colours you can differentiate! (Click on the picture to enlarge it)

Remember - Don't peek at the analysis below before you've completed the test!

Click into the pic to see the larger version!
Credits to Derval Research for the pic.


If you can see...

  1. 20 colours - You are a dichromat (2 types of cone cells in your eye) and you are among the 25%. You prefer black, beige and blue. 
  2. 20-32 colours - You are a trichromat (3 types of cone cells in your eye) and you are among the 50%. You can appreciate a range of different colours.
  3. 33 - 39 colours - You are a tetrachromat (4 types of cone cells in your eye) and you are among the last 25%. You can appreciate a range of different colours, but may seem to be irritated by yellow [Not true for me, I don't like yellow shirts but I still wear them]

I saw 39 colours in the test, what about you? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment