Ads

Saturday, December 21, 2013

The making of Tang Yuan

So, it's that time of the year where I'm busy helping my family out with Chinese new year biscuits and ofc, Tang Yuan. In my family, this festival somewhat symbolises the welcoming of a new year where you'll age by - what else? - another year. It's tradition, or so I'm told, that, for the first bowl of Tang Yuan, you should eat the exact number of Tang Yuan balls as your age in the next year.

This year though, it's a bit different. My grandma decided not to cook Tang Yuan any more so my parents and I decided to make it by ourselves - it's not that hard after all. Within a few hours, we're enjoying the fruits of our labour :P It tasted good, but I would have preferred to sweeten the soup a little more. Oh well, it's still a good attempt. :)

Here's a pic to finish off this blog post:

(okay, I lied. This blog post isn't finished yet! hah :D)

P/S: oh and if you've noticed, this is the long-haired me. When I don't tie my hair, it looks as messy as in the pic lol and I consider this as a good thing when I'm among other people as I'm sure people usually avoid talking to or going near to people with messy hair like mine xD

P/P/S: Oh yeah, from a compulsory lab safety seminar that I had attended, I've discovered that I enjoyed listening to true stories of lab mishaps - labs being blown up/ caught fire, or stories about careless students handling dangerous chemicals or mechineries. I was wide-eyed and was giving the speaker my utmost attention. When my BF asked me why I was that excited, I told him 'death and destruction'. LOL. I believe I'm most suited to become a mad scientist... Death and destruction, yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment