Ads

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Orcs Must Die game review

The front page of Orcs Must Die :)
BEST TOWER DEFENSE GAME EVER!

No seriously...

Well, to tone it down a notch... it's a pretty much witty game - with funny dialogues especially the ones that involved the apprentice reminiscing on his mentor's 'teachings' and of course, the banter between the evil witch and the apprentice.

Instead of a typical tower defense game, this game is pretty unique in away that it allows you to build traps in the place of towers and there are RPG element incorporated into the game - you can go into the field and start massacring orcs :P

Get ready for the horde!!

Different types of traps that you can play around with. I especially like the wall traps coupled with plenty of ground spike traps.

You will unlock special skill trees in which you can choose which path to use for each level (the skill tree resets after every level). I'm a fan of steel weaver since I depend heavily on traps to kill most of the mobs. If you prefer RPG more, you should get Elemental weaver and if you're a bit of both, then you should get the third weaver (Not shown here).


After every successful level, you'll unlock a new trap. Play around with combos to identify the traps that you use the most before upgrading any of the traps. 

Hiding from the enemy - those orc archers pack a punch, you'd best use traps and avoid frontal confrontation.
Overall, I would say it is a very well polished game and it had definitely kept me entertained (from the witty self-dialogues to running and 'dancing' around while slicing/shooting orcs to bits) for days. It is a great casual, tower-defense sort of game with superb, cartoon-y graphics - I would highly recommend fans of tower defense to give this game a go :) Enjoy!



P/S: I've promised Rage game review and don't worry, I've not forgotten about it - it's just I'm a bit way over my head this week. I'm just so exhausted and am in a bit of a rush for time (Honestly, this review was actually written ages ago - I just didn't finished it until now lol - and I've just added like a paragraph to finish it). Stay tune for more reviews for games that are fun to play with but may/ may not be popular enough to be a 'blockbuster' game :P



You can buy the game on Amazon here:

No comments:

Post a Comment