Ads

Saturday, December 21, 2013

What is introversion?

Yup, there are plenty of stuff like this on the net but I reckon I should list the ones that I agreed 100% (and more) here so it's easier for me to refer to when I'm wallowing in self pity when no one understood me lol... here goes!

1. You Enjoy Solitude.
2. Dislike Small-talk, but enjoy in-depth conversations about topics that interest you.
[To me, small talk serves no purpose whatsoever. You won't even remember that stranger you 'small talked' to the next day lol... well, at least that's the case for me.]
3. People Say You Are A Good Listener.
4. You like to think about and choose your words carefully before speaking.
5. Dislike Conflict. [My motto: You don't mess withe me and I won't mess with you]
6. You prefer to work alone and without interruptions. [So, senior/s, please don't check up on me every few minutes when I'm actually doing work... thank you.]
7. When stressed or need to recharge, you spend a few days alone by yourself.
8. Often express yourself through writing.
9. People describe you as “soft-spoken” or “mellow”.
10. You like people, just not all the time. [Yes]
11. You don’t normally like to take the lead, but will step up when no one else will.
[Hmm, I'm usually the first to step up though, if I have a/more brilliant idea/s :P]
(Taken from http://adf.ly/qwFqk)
12. You give less away about your private life to other people - a private person.
13. You tend to get misunderstood.
14. You tend to use logic based thinking. Concrete examples, facts, and numbers are required when explaining something.
[So true! Hence, this has caused me plenty of indecision moments where I panicked lol]
15. You dislike feeling pressured or emotionally manipulated and are mentally stronger than you appear on the surface.
[I'm not sure about the 'mentally stronger' part or it's just that I, in particular, has low tolerance for emotional events - I feel strongly, but that aside, I SERIOUSLY don't like being pressured or emotionally manipulated (has very low tolerance for this as well).... No wonder I hate the current culture at my lab...]
(Taken from the above link's comments section)

However, I believe I have shyness coupled together with introversion so it's really hard to say when I'm actually shy and when I just hate talking to other people lol. But to type it out or write it out... then I have no problems :P

2 comments:

  1. Sounds to me like you are very powerful, the exact type of person I would like to work with and the shyness, if that is what you are happy to call it, [people used to call me shy and it irritated me a lot, because I just had no reason to talk] will pass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah well, the people that I'm currently with do not like to work with me however... being more reserved and all that stuff. :P I believe I do have shyness - I'm extremely jittery when I talk to someone that I do not know well enough/ a total stranger + I will also stutter lol. Yep, it's that bad >.<

      Delete