Ads

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Zombie Tycoon II - Brainhov's Revenge game review

Zombie apocalypse!
This all started when Dr Tycoon decided that he didn't like people at all and would rather have them turned into obedient zombies that he can order around, but he's not counting on getting any competition in this mad scientist field... :P (No more spoiler, you can find out who this competitor is when you play this game ;) )

Meet Dr Tycoon. He is hell-bend on destroying the human race and replacing them with his obedient zombie army.
The way the game was presented reminded me strongly of Plants vs Zombies (PvZ) which I love :) It has plenty of PvZ humour (you should read the descriptions for each monster/building type etc, they will make you chuckle from time to time :)). 

This game's developers do have plenty sense of humour - PvZ-style :) Naming a monster skill as Defile... hah!
Gameplay-wise, it's pretty up to standard (quite challenging). It's tough like hell if you plan to get all the stars though. I gave up somewhere in the mid I think lol. There is a limit of 4 groups of zombies per game and the mad scientist takes up one group all by his own :P
A screenshot showing how the game looks like :)
Moreoever, there are plenty of puzzle for you to figure out. So this game is not just about massacring the human race and making more zombie minions. :)

Some puzzles for you to figure out as well - it's not all 'I want brainz!'
It's a game worth playing if you're into zombies, PvZ-humour and puzzles. Be warned for those perfectionists! It's really challenging for all of you who wanted to get full stars for each level. You'll find yourself replaying the same level for plenty of times. You might just get bored (like me).

For me though, I've gotten myself all frustrated over a level (my character keeps suddenly dying lol.... one-hit die sort of death... sigh) and I'm too lazy to replay that level after dying for like 7-8 times in a row for the same level. I'd like it more if I can save my progress whenever I want, so I can like load back the game to the 1 min before my character's death lol. Moving on to a new game......

P/S: and hah! It's not even a day since the new year and I've already broken my new year resolution (the not sleep late one.... lol. It's almost 2am over here...). Guess I wasn't ready for the new year... or maybe I'm just wasn't resolute enough :P



You can buy the game on Amazon by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment