Ads

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

How to create red blood cells using powerpoint

Red blood cells created using powerpoint/word

Yes, creating 3D figures with something as simple as powerpoint is possible :) though it's no walk in the park I can tell you that :P

Anyway, I was trying to create a figure for my thesis and I thought... why not make it 3D? So yeah, took me around 30 mins to finally come up with a 'red blood cell'-like picture lol :P

Okay, well, you're here not to listen to me rant. So here goes! Hope you can keep up :) I'll add in screenshots later when I have the time.

1. Draw an oval - can be any size, you can resize it later. However, size should be 2cm or less for this to work.
2. Remove its outline
3. Choose from one of the preset effects provided - Intense effect, red accent 2
4. Shape effects -> preset -> choose the one at the bottom right
5. Shape effects -> 3D rotation -> perspective relaxed moderately 
6. Shape effects -> bevel -> hard edge
7. Format shape -> 3D-Format -> Depth -> 3pt
8. Shadow -> Inside centre (or you can just remove it, no visible effect after I've added it lol)
9. For more variety -> try rotating at the green dot point or rotating by flipping it 

Also, I have a related Fiverr gig up on my Fiverr account whereby when you buy my gig, I'll create cool 3D diagrams (scientific ones mainly) for your thesis, reference books, conference/journal/research/review papers and others. We can negotiate on how many diagrams I'll make for you for $5. :) So hop over there and check out my gig :) If you're interested in any of my other gigs, do hit me up as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment