Ads

Sunday, September 28, 2014

Gamebooks

I used to (and, perhaps, still) love gamebooks! I like that it combines gaming with reading, both of which are my favourite stuff to do when I'm free.

I like them so much to the point that I started writing gamebooks of my own, with the help of my brother (illustrations and co-author). We even set up a website using Dreamweaver (after many grueling hours of playing around with the buttons and stuff) to 'sell' our so-called gamebooks which were printed via a printer (For the first book anyways. Our dad found out and we were banned from using the printer for these sorts of follies).

Anyway, I'm not surprised to see our gamebook site missing from google search results... mainly because I've forgotten the name of our series lol. Meh, I'll search for it later perhaps.

Anyways, I was browsing around and I stumbled upon this recently published article.

Livingstone recalls sitting on a bus during the 1980s watching people read Fighting Fantasy. He was amused to see them bookmarking pages with their fingers in order to undo decisions which concluded with failure or death.
The funny thing is when I read gamebooks, I bookmark the whole book lol just so I can go back to a previous page (after I die or after I finished the book), doesn't matter how 'previous' the page was. I aimed to read every paragraph in the book and, of course, like most gamebook readers, I cheat from time to time :P  


No comments:

Post a Comment