Ads

Monday, September 29, 2014

Rainbow loom bracelets

My lame-looking bracelet :P
So yeah, unfortunately, I was dragged into the craze by my mum who wanted me to make a couple of these for our relatives' little kids. I had to go to YouTube to learn how to make the most basic pattern of all - the fishtail lol.

Anyways, I thought... well, since I'm making a couple of these as a noob, I'm going to write a step-by-step instruction on how to make these bracelets...................... Hah! Did your eyebrows go way up? :P Nah, I'm not going to write anything like that... by just googling, you can get thousands and thousands of these instructional guides or videos. However, I'm going to list out something that I think might be more useful.

The relationship between how many rubber bands you need vs the length of your wrist!

This is just an approximation by the way (but a fairly accurate one so far) and I'm using the fishtail pattern as an example.

1. Use a piece of non-elastic string to measure your wrist. Then place it on a ruler to know your exact (approximate) wrist length in cm.
2. Then, refer to the conversion 'table' below.

3 bands per cm


3. So, for example, if you have a 14 cm wrist diameter, you'll need around 42 bands (including the first band that you use when you set up your loom) in order to make your rainbow loom bracelet. However, do add a couple extra bands just in case you like the bracelet to be a bit loose.

The bracelet will be a perfect fit (that is not too tight)! You may then adjust the bracelet depending on how you like it.  

Hope this helps!~ Have fun making your bracelets for yourself and your friends! :)


Hmm, thinking about it... I may just write a guide/ a video guide on how to add bands to your bracelet if it's somehow too small after you've taken it off the loom. So, stay tuned! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment