Ads

Monday, September 22, 2014

Shaiya - Run time error, Full screen option (and a very brief game review)

I had the time of my life a few days ago, downloading, installing, getting this Run time error,  posting on the game's forum, reading the replies, updating and fixing my Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables, uninstalling the game, reinstalling, then getting the same error again.... that's when I gave up. I have a limit as to when a game is not worth the time and effort to do multiple system checks, updates, computer restarts and game reinstalling lol. Took me the whole day to do those stuff...

Anyway, somehow it worked.... today lol. So, yeah, I'm going to post what I've done in order to make it work and hopefully, it will help you too. The game is pretty much so-so, but I still like Rift, WoW, Dragon Nest and Ragnarok Online 2 better. :P 

- DN and RO2 for the cute, anime graphics and awesome gameplay (albeit a bit repetitive)
- Rift for its dimension building, dungeons, artifacts collection, expertly-soloing 2-player chronicles, rift chasing, invasions and community-driven events 
- WoW for the very adrenaline-filled BG PvP/ world PvP, ganking, lore, camping, dungeon soloing, brilliant gameplay and raids, and of course, the good memories :) 

Before we start, I'm running Win 7 32- AND 64-bit with fully updated drivers and DirectX 11

1. Update your Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables 
Links: 
(If your OS is running both, like me, you just need to update the superior one. Microsoft will tell you which one, when you're updating)

2. Then, uninstall and reinstall your Shaiya client. (Not Aerie Ignite! Just Shaiya)
Do note that your installation exe file is the one with this name: shaiya_us_installer_20130618
If you install it via the other exe file named 'game', you will encounter an error (and will get you even more worked up lol).

3. Lastly, after everything's done, restart your computer.

4. Viola! (It worked for me)

Oh and if you get an error that your DirectX is lower than 9 (which is the min requirement of the game) when in fact, your DirectX is like 11, then you should just restart Shaiya. It will work right again (It did for me).

Okay, well have fun in-game. It's very laggy with multiple lag spikes (my FPS can fluctuate from 260+ to a mere 15 lol), but I think that's mostly my side of the problem since I was running multiple softwares while testing out the game... lol. My internet is fine though! :P The controls can be a bit awkward and needs some getting used to (like keep pressing on 'B' for my inventory lol, or trying to strafe) 

I'm kinda surprise to find that games like this, requires even more processing capability (but less memory space) than Rift or WoW lol. My laptop can run 3 WoW clients simultaneously while I triple -box my way through a dungeon (I've also tried with 4 clients once, very low fps, but still I can finish a dungeon before I gave up :P) or double-box to power level another toon.


Oh and for you people who like stuff to be full-screened, there is no easy option for you to switch from its default windowed mode to full-screen. So you will need to do these:

1. Go to your Shiaya folder in the Aerie games folder in your (most probably) C drive or whichever drive you installed your game on. 

2. Search for a configuration settings file called CONFIG (or CONFIG.ini)

3. Back up a copy of this file (on your desktop, for example) before proceeding, just in case.

4. Double click it and, then, change the Fullscreen=FALSE (under the [Video] section) to TRUE.


See you in-game! (Am currently level 7... lol) 

Might drop this game soon though - I just don't have the time, unlike during my undergrad years when I played WoW (very) intensively.



P/S: So, I think I should start doing some SEO stuff (not that google is going to support my blog by granting me the use of Adsense any time soon lol) so yup, you will be seeing a list of random keywords at the bottom of my posts from now on. I'll update the older posts with keywords as well. ...It's the new hashtag phenomenon! ...hah!


Keywords: Shaiya, updater, Run time error, full screen, game review, C++ error, DirectX error

No comments:

Post a Comment