Ads

Friday, March 15, 2013

Frustrations and Procrastinations

Frustrations and Procrastinations

When I'm feeling like I'm drowning,
Suffocating, am barely breathing
When water enters my lungs
Choking the life out of me
I feel stiffled, I need to escape!
Away from all these, away from here
But where else could I go?
And what else could I do?
Is there any way to get through this?
Is there a key to my cage?
A ladder out of my tunnel?
Desperation and depression,
Stop bothering me~!
Fatigue and temptations,
Please leave me alone~!
Let me get this done,
Let me finish my work!
You're not helping,
You're making this worse!

Time! Time! I need more time!
When daylight turns to night
As papers piled up higher than high
As I slumped across my table in despair
Sighing at my work
Looking for an escape
Finding an excuse
Getting away!

Reality sets in
The work never went away
Sighing again
I trudged to my desk
And the sound of typing and isolation
Faded into the background noise of life

By Aveyn Toh


'Am published in The UK Poetry Library!!! :D Go check it out @ http://goo.gl/N0qsi2 :)' S.Y.

No comments:

Post a Comment