Ads

Monday, July 29, 2013

Over-reacting

I've just finished reading http://therealsingapore.com/content/young-singaporean-muslim-perspective-i-am-muslim-and-i-am-not-offended on the Alvivi's case and I have some real strong opinion on this, so I thought I'd write something about this. So... here goes!

*Copied from my scrapped fb status update - coz well, I know a shtstorm will definitely happen if I actually post this there. Not that I'm bias or anything but I'm just being logical.*

Now here's a person who is speaking after using his head and not acting emotionally and without thought. His suggestion of punishment sounds way more reasonable. I mean like, seriously, they may be terribly insensitive people with tendency to go overboard when trolling, but condemning them like they are actual criminals (robbers, rapists, kidnappers, drug dealers, murderers) is just over-reacting.

Plus, needless to say, there are various other cases where other religions in Msia were insulted as well... if the punishment meted out to these couples are THAT severe, what about the other people who are even more insensitive and even more insulting? Or those who actually hated the other religions and did their very best to condemn those religion in public/ through social media? What about them?

Hence, when I saw some people saying that it's selective prosecution, you can't blame me for being inclined to agree with them.

All in all, I'll quote the author 'In all, we must keep things in perspective in issuing justice so that our emotions doesn't cloud our reason.'

Source: http://therealsingapore.com/content/young-singaporean-muslim-perspective-i-am-muslim-and-i-am-not-offended

No comments:

Post a Comment