Ads

Friday, October 18, 2013

Up next in gaming!

I'm going to start crazily gaming again - Deus Ex and Deus Ex: Invisible War (hehe :P), and a new game series - Dungeon Siege 1, Dungeon Siege 2 and 3 ...and perhaps, Fable III ...just cleared a whole lot of memory space on my trusty laptop ;)... So stay tuned for plenty of reviews/ranting and bragging screenshots hehe

On the other hand, I'm still playing Rift and am levelling my third character (I paused my rogue's leveling at level 50 coz I'm too lazy to do carnages) - a mage :P It's pretty fun - the dps is absurdly high (even when I just faceroll across my keyboard... j/k)! Anyway, yesterday, a friggin warrior beat me at dps and I can't believe it. His AoE is instant I suppose so I lose out a bit as my AoE requires like 2.5 and 2 second casts. Hmm... or maybe I just suck at playing a lightning mage lol - maybe I should swap back to being that necromancer, DoTs ftw! Refreshing DoTs? Boring... Trying to put DoTs on a lot of mobs coz you don't have an AoE spell? Mind blowing! Hah~ IMHO, I've only played two dps specs for mage and so far, I can get top dps for single damage (boss mainly)and sometimes for AoE damaging mobs (by DoTing all of them with Tabbing and refreshing DoTs lol... headache), but I consistently get top AoE dps by using lightning mage (is it supposed to be called elementalist?) but slightly lower single damage (I get second dps for singles).

Mage's survivability is like very bad... squishy... even though I have a tank pet and a shielding spell lol... I'm just too reckless and kept forgetting to check my pet's health. Btw, my mage's at level 36 now. With my main - a cleric, I can heal and dps at the same time lol - but no shielding spells... meh. Even one would be cool...

Okay, no more ranting about Rift. This is supposed to be a brief update lol. :\

I'm out!


-- The reason behind me having the time of my life gaming? My thumb's still out of commission - cannot pipette anything yet, so yeah, I'm still unable to do my pending lab work and my paperwork's almost finished. So.... yeah. Next week's I'm still off for the first few days, I'll be going to the lab on Thurs I suppose... and Friday.


Updated: I've installed and tried Deus Ex (the first game) - crappy graphics, but ofc considering that the game was developed decades ago, it's pretty okay. I didn't like the stealth part though, I can hardly see the enemy NPCs with the graphics and I have to stealth? @.@ But I've read that you can solve the graphics part by installing a renderer, New Vision, but meh, not worth the effort I suppose.  Also, it seems like I can NEVER aim right even though I'm like right in front of the enemy and am shooting at his face. Headshots are almost non-existent in the game lol

For Deus Ex - Invisible Wars, took me quite awhile to solve the dx2.exe problem (you can just go here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/7dka776nvhnv9b0/Deus+Ex+2+IW+v1.2+Unprotected.rar;
download the file [Don't worry, I've scanned it and it's safe despite the 'unprotected' word there, you can scan it again if you like]; then copy and replace it with the original dx2.exe in your invisible wars/system folder).

But somehow, I got this VIKTORIA error right after I clicked 'new game' that seems (from stuff that I read) to indicate that my graphics driver is not up to date - total BS btw, I can play Deus Ex: Human Revolution just fine. And then there are people saying that Win7 cannot run it no matter what, so meh, I don't really need to play this... uninstall! lol. Not worth the trouble, though the graphics are better (as seen in the intro cinematic).

Up next! Dungeon Siege... and that's for tomorrow. I'm too tired now lol....


Updated 2: Dungeon Siege 1 works great! :P It is very much like Diablo with most of my time spent at finding places that I have yet to explore and ofc, managing my overwhelmed inventory hehe. Some parts I missed out stuff (like narrow tunnels and levers on walls that open up to new rooms) or got lost (in the eastern swamp lol) and hence, I spent way too much time circling the area.

Oh and just so you know, having 3 pack mules and 5 characters works just fine - 2 tankers (with shields and will attack first at all times; 1 more tanker is as backup, but if you think you don't need a backup, you can get another archer), 1 archer (my character :P; they are like the best character in-game, no mana hassle with never-ending arrows and, when properly geared, can deal more dps than a combat mage lawl), 1 combat mage (for dps, you can have all archers if you want) and lastly but yet most importantly, 1 nature mage (for healing and dps - don't put him on full healing duty. Let him dps when you don't need the heals - like for small mob groups, so he can level faster).

My tip is don't waste money on buying the services of NPCs. You can simply add anyone to help fill in the spots until you get the best NPC for the job (of healing/dps/tanking, I mean :)). Just get the free ones - Merik is a great nature mage (Chapter 4), the daughter of Nong (forgotten what's her name; Chapter 4/5) is a great combat mage, there's a lady archer who just had her archery competition ruined (also forgotten what's her name), she's a great archer, for tanking, I'm using the old guy from Chapter 1 of the game and the dwarf from Chapter 3 (I think) - but you can swap one of them for the knight who came later in the game (like in Chapter 5/6). Buy pack mules early on - they get more expensive later on... and rarer.

Um, meh I think I'll just continue this on my review post of Dungeon Siege instead lol. :P

Update, update! Check out my Dungeon Siege 1 review here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment