Ads

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Dungeon Siege 1 review

Dungeon Siege 1 is very much like Diablo with most of my time spent at finding places that I have yet to explore and ofc, managing my overwhelmed inventory hehe. Some parts I missed out stuff (like narrow tunnels and levers on walls that open up to new rooms) or got lost (in the eastern swamp lol) and hence, I spent way too much time circling the area. The graphics is acceptable for me - it's an old game so don't expect top-notch graphics ;)

Oh and just so you know, having 3 pack mules and 5 characters works just fine - 2 tankers (with shields and will attack first at all times; 1 more tanker is as backup, but if you think you don't need a backup, you can get another archer), 1 archer (my character :P; they are like the best character in-game, no mana hassle with never-ending arrows and, when properly geared, can deal more dps than a combat mage lawl), 1 combat mage (for dps, you can have all archers if you want) and lastly but yet most importantly, 1 nature mage (for healing and dps - don't put him on full healing duty. Let him dps when you don't need the heals - like for small mob groups, so he can level faster).

My tip is don't waste money on buying the services of NPCs. You can simply add anyone to help fill in the spots until you get the best NPC for the job (of healing/dps/tanking, I mean :)). Just get the free ones - Merik is a great nature mage (Chapter 4), the daughter of Nong (forgotten what's her name; Chapter 4/5) is a great combat mage, there's a lady archer who just had her archery competition ruined (also forgotten what's her name), she's a great archer, for tanking, I'm using the old guy from Chapter 1 of the game and the dwarf from Chapter 3 (I think) - but you can swap one of them for the knight who came later in the game (like in Chapter 5/6). Buy pack mules early on - they get more expensive later on... and rarer.

I really dislike having to go back for my mules some of the time. They tend to stand there doing nothing even though I've selected them to move along with the group lol. Oh and not to mention, sometimes, in rather enclosed places (like right after you stepped off a lift and right into an ambush of mobs), they like to act suicidal (and ignoring that they are carrying gazillion worth of goods) and start kicking the mobs using their back legs. So, it's better to disengage the follow option, then clear an area with your 5-man team before moving your mules to the area. This includes lifts. You can get one of your characters back for them (to operate the lever for the lift).


No comments:

Post a Comment