Ads

Friday, October 18, 2013

Learning to think 'code' - Blockly

Honestly, I've pretty much forgotten most of the programming and web designing stuff that I've learned during my foundation years at UTAR, but I think I can still remember the basics... well, I know how to find the stuff I want in a webpage in the codes available on google chrome lol :P

Anyway, I've received an email from code.org that I've signed up for previously and had practically forgotten about it (yes, my mind is like a leaky cauldron :P). So well, I saw that they have this app, Blockly, up on a webpage where it teaches you, in the most elementary sort of way, about simple coding using... well, codes! It's pretty fun and challenging :) It teaches you on the 'if's, the 'repeat's and the 'if ... else'. Go ahead and try it out - see if you can learn to speak 'code' hehe :P

The last one's slightly harder - took me like 10 attempts to get it right (for a couple of attempts, I kinda just put some stuff in just to see if it happens like what I would logically imagine it to be :P). Try and see if you can get some of the puzzles completed with unused blocks left or that you can code in such a way that your character can complete the maze faster than other people :)

Oh and P/S: you can change the default setting to the one shown in my screenshots (space) or to panda mode hehe :P

3 unused blocks left... yay!

First time using the 'if... else' command. Have a block left too. :)

The last level that the prompt said is for advanced people lol. Took me awhile, but it's ingenious! Hint: Stick to the left... oh wait, you don't need the hint since you have like the answer in the screenshot already... gawdd~ try it yourself first!!

Start learning some basic codes today! Join code.org's 'An Hour of Code' event (for more info: http://csedweek.org/). ;)

Oh and again, the link to Blockly - http://blockly-demo.appspot.com/static/apps/maze/index.html?lang=en&level=1&skin=1 Get your relatives, your siblings, your parents, your friends, your colleagues, your teachers, your employers, your dogs and/or cats... well, everyone to join in the fun! :)



... if I like playing with codes so much, why am I not learning this (programming codes) full time? Meh, I guess I'm just too lazy lol *grabs storybook and starts reading it*.

No comments:

Post a Comment