Ads

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Max Payne - NOT a movie/game review

I've just watched the movie Max Payne and thought that I would write here, in my blog, about it before it fades away into my unconciousness. I've played max payne the game before and honestly I have not been able to finish the game - got stuck somewhere on some rooftop, I think ;D The movie did show some familiar scenes from the game (the pharmacy for example) but I still I can't quite grasp what this movie is all about. Is it a man hell bend on getting revenge for his murdered family? Is it merely trying to portray a dangerous city with crime rates spilling over the top? Or is it trying to imply that dealing with the alteration of drugs is wrong? Or perhaps all of the above? Maybe I'm the only one confused but I still think that the director could have made the movie better. The star - Mark Wahlberg, is truly a hot hunk :P if only he could smile more, but I guess he couldn't smile ever since his family (wife, in particular) had been murdered in cold blood over some drug addict russle.  

Apparently, his wife had, in some way, contributed to the creation of the drug - Valkyrie that was supposed to fully unleash a soldier's combat potential by giving hallucinations of the terrifying black flying beasts of war - the Valkyries. Afraid of being killed by them, the person would rather be killing other people. This actually made me afraid of the future in a way... can you imagine a day when everything - and I really mean, everything- can be overcame/created by drugs. Drugs that can unlock limitless brain potential (I don't really would like to see it being sold in the future one day :\), drugs that can change the colour of your skin, drugs that do practically anything to your body, to modify it to suit one's purpose. It's horrible, isn't it? I mean, it's great for the advancement in science and the works but won't everyone would be all addicts in some way? The thing is that everything now depends heavily on whether you have enough money to get the drug that can make you into a 'better' person. Imagine: only rich people can be very clever or strong or very, very good-looking without actually needing to work on it - they could just take the drugs. From this scenario, what will the future be like? A nightmare? :O Ah well, I've just noticed that I'm veering off-topic and it's time for me to sleep, so, well... just think about it. ;)

Original date of publish: November 25, 2008 at 8:22 am

No comments:

Post a Comment