Ads

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Mixed feelings

I've been criticized lots of time and i tried to ignore most of them, since most of them are not exactly very constructive. However, sometimes, I couldn't help but wondering what is actually wrong. I always did everything (well, almost everything anyway :P) to the best of my current capability - is it not enough? I know i can improve, do it better, but still improvement doesn't come in a blink of the eye. It'll need time and effort - it'll need sacrifices.

For example, my Writing for Science assignment on Nuclear power, it's advantages and disadvantages. I did my research, tried to put the facts in a reader-friendly way, checked through the possible grammatical errors and typed it out (It's a group work, so I didn't do that all on my own though) but why, oh why, did I get such unsatisfying marks from my tutor? Perhaps my style of writing is not that acceptable to my tutor. Still, I definitely need more time to improve on writing factual essays (usually i wrote stories for the essay part in my english exam). But mainly, i don't like the rather accusing stares of my group members.

This is something that I'll have to work out on my own I suppose. Hopefully one day, I'll understand better and will be able to cope with the disappointment that comes after giving your very best and you still failed at your given task.

Original date of publish: February 17, 2009 at 6:50 am

No comments:

Post a Comment