Ads

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The age of technology

Ever since my motherboard crashed, I gradually found myself in a state of boredom and a little despair. No MSN/ Skype! No computer games! No music to listen to (except those songs in my handphone)! No more 'binge' on online games! No more movies! No more 'short-cut' way to make mind maps or notes (I have a nice mind mapping programme that is very handy, all thanks to my dad!! It's a trial version though..)! And worse of all, no more late night surfing! :O Storybooks (good ones, mind you) usually can hold my attention for a VERY long time but, now, they seem dull in comparison with a nice, working, fast computer (e-books are now the latest rage, you know ;D). Therefore, I spend most of my time daydreaming or sleeping. I DO study, but, well, studying from day till night is not exactly my idea of a life. So, yeah, I noticed that my life is starting to revolve around computer and the internet. Without them, I feel as though I'm leading a very uncomfortable life. Of course, without a television to distract me does contribute, more or less, to this... Is this a case of computer & internet addiction? :O If so, this addiction has hit the world's population and no one actually realised it? Most teenagers here, or should we say - young adults?, depended heavily on their computers for almost everything. Assignments, reports, notes, entertainment... computer is a jack-of-all-trades indeed. But the main thing that I'm (kind of) worried is that - is this reliance to computers healthy? I racked my brains during these boring periods of time and I still can't get a clear answer. What say you?

Original date of publish: November 25, 2008 at 8:17 am

No comments:

Post a Comment