Ads

Saturday, November 9, 2013

Bluestacks - iOS - Android PC emulator

I've been using this software for some time and I reckon it's time to recommend it to you :) It's free at the moment as it is still in its beta stages but I suppose it'll go Buy-to-use once it moves on to the official release version. 

It's an iPhone/Android phone-PC emulator - which enables you to play game apps on your PC! How cool is that? The apps are easily manageable and have their own library. You can access the Google play store or the iPhone equivalent of the Google play store via Bluestacks and download your favourite apps from there. Likewise, you can easily download the .apk (and also, the iPhone equivalent of .apk) for an app and install it on your PC like it's a normal software installation. Furthermore, Bluestacks have 2 settings - tablet or phone. Thus, you can enlarge the screen by playing using 'tablet mode'.

However, due to PC restrictions, some games which utilizes the 'tilting' function or requires multi-touch function will work rather badly on Bluestacks without patches (which the official facebook page for Bluestacks often churns out on a daily basis).

My personal experience with it is that some times, it might get a bit crazy and keeps crashing/lagged up or keeps disconnecting you from server, and some times, it likes to install apps on its own... lol. You can get them uninstalled though and report this to Bluestacks.


Update: I've just recent updated my Bluestacks to 0.8 version and guess what? It wanted me to update my graphics driver or it won't work. I've tried to update my Intel graphics driver but somehow, it is not compatible to my OS (win 7 64-bit). Wtf... now, I'm reduced to having a non-functional Bluestacks and no proper older version of Bluestacks to revert back to... Time to uninstall! lol...

Update 2: I had a good experience with using Bluestacks PREVIOUSLY. But now, problems after problems, I've managed to revert back to the older version of bluestacks, got it to FINALLY finish loading, then bam! Some apps that are already installed are not shown, all apps shown are not working, cannot access Google Play store, the search apps function is crap (it gave me only a few search results and all of these search results are definitely not what I'm searching for - for example, I typed 'plants vs zombies 2', then it gave me a list of 5 plants vs zombies cheats/ walkthrough apps... ... but not the official plants vs zombies 2 wtf... lol). You know, I'm starting to think that getting a fcking android phone that is compatible with all the app games that I want to play with is easier then trying to get this work. Fck! Shouldn't have updated it in the first place... my previous version was working so well, albeit the occasional hiccups.....



Check out Bluestacks here: http://www.bluestacks.com/app-player.html

If you're like me and having problems with graphics driver update and bluestacks, you can go on here to install the older version of Bluestacks.

P/S: I'll be trying Genymotion - another Android PC emulator soon! Wish me luck! lol :P

3 comments:

  1. Please ignore my previous stupid comment (# '_' #)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries. :) If you're referring to Genymotion, I've attempted to try it, but it's a bit tough for me to understand, let alone to actually try to use it.

      For Genymotion, it's not as straight-forward as Bluestacks. You will need to further download and install the android OS or iOS itself before proceeding to install apps. Too much of a hassle, I suppose.

      Delete