Ads

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

The Addictiveness of Playing the AH (in Rift) Part III - Market survey lol

After I've stop playing Rift for like a few weeks, I've finally logged in the day before yesterday and find myself facing mailboxes that are hitting critical mass, quickly disappearing long-expired auction mails and a whole new auction market. 

As most Rift gamers know, October is a fertile month for farming artifacts via the Harvest Festival event and that's when the AH is SATURATED(!!) with tons and tons of artifacts... even despite the new limit implemented on max AH listing (200 only lol, but it's sufficient enough I suppose :P). Being the opportunist that I am... lol... it's extremely profitable to stock up on dirt-cheap yet rarely-seen-on-AH artifacts and store them all on my alts - it's not exactly profitable to sell artifacts during the event though. I have also participated in the event ofc... but it's extremely repetitive and boring - I managed to collect a grand total of 1200+ tokens (are they called tokens? not sure..). Anyway, it's just a huge haul of artifacts that I hardly have any place to store anymore of them lol...

Now, it has been a week+ since the end of the event and I was wondering whether it is time to start AH-ing artifacts again. Prices of artifacts are still on the lower end - imagine... more than 50 pages of AH for artifacts are listed with less than 1 plat buyout. Honestly, if I'm going to spend my time on the AH, I'll make sure my listed items can be sold for more than a mere 1 plat. The market trend for artifacts prior to the event isn't really that good either - 20+ pages of AH for artifacts are listed with less than 1 plat buyout.

Even timber/lumber prices are dropping! Linden which used to be rather lucrative has dropped from an approx average of 1p50g - 2p per to 80g - 1p10g per. I haven't done a survey on the prices for Elm yet though but I suppose it is probably dropping as well. Lucidflower has dropped from an approx average of 1p - 1p50g per to 50g - 70g per. 

REX, on the other hand, has seen a slight boost in prices, though the peak price season was over for REX - during peak REX price seasons, the price of 1 REX can go up to 1.1k - 1.2k (for fast buyout). I still can recall that day I saw a person listing almost 10 REXes on the AH for 900 plat buyout... unfortunately, I only have 4500 plat max to spend, so I just bought 5 REXes, it'll be great to be able to buy them all out. It's really worth it. Used 2 of them and sold 3 of them for an average of approx 1.08k plat each. But ofc, you probably can buy REX for 500 - 800 plat when it was first introduced - I've seen people buying for 800 plat on the trade channel but never on AH.

No comments on dimension items though. :P


Oh and P/S: I'm playing on the Aus/Oceanic server, Laethys :) 



Check out my previous blog posts on Rift here:

No comments:

Post a Comment