Ads

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Guide to understanding the introverted

I haven't posted anything on introversion for quite some time now, and I happen to come across this. It's largely accurate :) Don't mind me adding comments ya? :P



  • Respect personal space
Right on. When I don't feel like talking a lot, (but if you're a good enough friend to me, I will at least talk a bit), don't expect me to talk... lol. I can listen though, no probs.
  • Energy is limited
True again. After every interaction, I'm exhausted and want to just do my stuff without anyone hanging nearby, wanting me to do something for them or stuff like that. Just don't.
  • Don't demand to have energy spent on you when it's not needed
Right again! An example would be casual talk. I don't do that. Seriously, I don't. I find that it is a total waste of time and energy. Unless I'm interested to be your friend or that I had no choice but to talk to you (like for asking a question), I won't initiate any conversation for the sake of talking. And because of this, when other people talk to me casually, I will give minimal response - like a smile, an awkward laugh, or a nod/grunt lol.
  • Don't take silence as an insult 
True dat! :P Usually, if you said something and I just went silent, it's either I don't know how to respond to what you've said or that I totally didn't hear you (honest!) - I was living in my own brain you see.
  • Introverts get lonely too
Yes, although I can be alone and happy for extended period of time (with my laptop or a book). However, sometimes, I will suddenly sms a friend or two to go have some chat and fun, but most of the time, I prefer to be alone with my stuff. I sound very anti-social here... lol :P

Oh and that part where it says 'let the introvert feels like they are welcome' is absolutely correct. If I feel like I'm an outsider in a group, I'll probably, as silently and as subtly as I can, remove myself from that situation. Ima be a ninja lol. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment