Ads

Thursday, November 14, 2013

My second clinical trial study

I'm still nervous like hell lol... perhaps this is because I've read about the medicine on wikipedia and was slightly scared out of my wits lol. 

According to wikipedia, the medicine, Domperidone, had some trouble getting through the FDA in its initial introduction. There are reports of patients getting sudden and fatal cardiac arrest due to this medicine (but you'll need to take daily doses of more than 30mg - for this study, I'm just going to take 10 mg for two Saturdays, which are separated by a week).

Side effects that include dry mouth - due to increased esophagus peristalsis (in layman terms, swallowing) speed and headache - probably due to the binding of the antiemetic component of the medicine to the receptors in the patient's brain in order to prevent vomiting. However, there are also a slight 'side-effect' of this medicine - it will also slightly increase lactation. I'm curious to see how this effect will affect a lady who is not pregnant (like me) lol... 

Peace, I'm out! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment