Ads

Sunday, February 2, 2014

I, Frankenstein movie review

So... I've been to the cinema to watch this new movie called 'I, Frankenstein'. It's a 'what happened after?' version of the old Frankenstein story. 

Without giving too much away, I would say that I find the director's idea of a more handsome Frankenstein 'monster' a very nice touch. I think he's trying to make the Frankenstein 'monster' appear more human as the movie discussed quite a lot on Frankenstein's uh~ species status - since he's not exactly human (immortal lol), he can be either a creature of light or darkness :P but initially, he ofc chose to be neutral - he is just starting his journey to find the answer to the question 'who am I?' at that time. 

I find the story line quite satisfying though there are some parts I was like 'What?'. I also like the awesome CGI used in this movie - I especially like the way the Gargoyles morphed into human form and vice versa, and also how the good and evil souls get sucked up into heaven/ down into the ground :) Despite all that, I still think that this movie is more CGI and fighting. I've mentioned that the story is pretty satisfying but, emotionally, I don't find it fulfilling. The part where Frankenstein finds his true self and his life's purpose is just... a little too short and not well explained I think. 

Overall, it's still a good movie - I'd rank it as 7/10 (a B grade, haha), but it's not exactly a must-watch :) That's what I think anyway. 

Honestly, I think it's somewhat similar to the movie, Mortal Instruments: The City of Bones. :P

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment